How to Cut Frozen Bread
Sometimes, you may find yourself wondering how to cut frozen bread; it's frozen and you didn't have time to thaw it. What do you do? With the right type of knife, this shouldn't be a problem.
An electric knife for cutting bread that is frozen is one of the best kitchen utensils. An electric knife is a device that consists of two serrated blades connected to each other. The device is switched on and sawn through the bread to cut it.
These knives have serrated edges and are extra hard to be able to cut through most frozen foods. Not only are electric knives easier to use than normal knives, but they also make cleaner and more consistent cuts in these types of situations.
Types of Electric Knives
There are two main types of electric knives:
- Cordless- These knives use battery power instead of electricity. If you want to be able to move about with your electric knife, a cordless one would be the better option. Some cordless electric knives come with two rechargeable and removable battery packs. This allows you to use the knife and have the other battery charging. You won't have the risk of having to wait for the knife to charge before using it.
- Corded- A corded electric knife has to be plugged into a power source, so you can only use it at a specific spot.
How to Cut Frozen Bread Safely using an Electric knife
- Use a large and stable surface: To prevent movement of the bread while cutting, use a large, flat, and stable surface. You can cut on a wood or plastic cutting board placed on a stable surface.
- Avoid using too much force: The knife is electric and has its own force. Use minimal force when pressing down the knife to cut the bread.
- Avoid sawing back and forth: The blades already move back and forth when the device is switched on, so you don't have to do that. All you need to do is to position the knife to cut properly.
- Take care of personal safety: Make sure you cut while staying away in case the knife slips out of place by accident. To be on the safe side, make use of a finger protector to hold the bread in place to reduce the risk of injury.
Qualities of a Good Electric Knife
When thinking about how to cut frozen bread, one of the most important things you need is a good electric knife. The best electric knife for cutting frozen bread should have a number of qualities:
- It is easy to operate.
- It should fit well in the hand.
- The blades should be easy to insert and detach.
- The blades should remain firm during the cutting process
- The knife should be able to cut thin slices without tearing.
- The knife should leave very few markings on the food item and should be versatile enough to be used on bread, meat, cheese, etc.
Factors to Consider When Buying an Electric Knife
Some important factors to consider when looking for the best electric knife for cutting frozen bread are:
The Number and Types of Blades
Electric knives have stainless steel blades, so they are strong and durable. They are also self-sharpening, so you don't have to worry about not being able to cut bread because your knife has gone dull.
Blades can either have fine dentition for delicate foods like fresh bread, or coarse dentition for resistant foods like boned meat. There are also blades designed for cutting through frozen foods without having to defrost them.
A good electric knife usually has two blades to enable you to cut similarly sized slices and save time while preparing food. It will also come with at least two sets of blades that can be interchanged.
Presence of a Release Button
Look for an electric knife with a release button to free the blades so as to store or change them.
The Fit of the Handle
An electric knife should fit comfortably into the hand to ensure stability and control when cutting frozen bread, while at the same time using minimal effort to do so.
If you plan to clean your electric knife in the dishwasher, ensure you buy one that is dishwasher safe.
Amount of Power
Electric knives come with different power settings depending on the intended use. Choose a powerful knife that can cut through resistant foods like frozen bread and meat for the best results.
Source of Power
If you need to be able to move around with your knife, for example in an outdoor barbecue, choose a cordless one that doesn't have to remain plugged in at one specific spot.
A Security Button
If you have children in the house, consider getting an electric knife with a security button to prevent unauthorized people from handling it.
A Blade Guard
A number of electric knives come with a blade guard. This is simply a plastic cover that protects the blade when the knife is not in use. You can also purchase a blade cover separately. It's also useful if you have children in the house and you don't want them exposed to the sharp cutting edge.
A Finger Protector
This is an accessory that comes with some electric knives. It is a metallic or plastic covering in which you insert your fingers to protect them from possible injury as you cut your frozen bread. Since frozen bread and other frozen foods tend to be quite slippery, this is a good idea, as you can keep your fingers on the bread without the risk of injuring them.
A Wall Support
Some electric knives come with wall support that enables you to safely store the knife on the wall when not in use. It is better than simply leaving the knife on the counter, as it can fall off and get damaged.
An electric knife is the best answer to the question of how to cut frozen bread. It is fast, clean, and produces attractive, even slices. If you were looking for the best knife to cut frozen bread, we hope you found your solution!
However, if possible always opt to thaw your bread first and use a good quality knife for slicing to achieve the best result. We have a wide range of premium quality bread knives which will leave you with effortless and clean slices.
Also Check Out: Best Magnetic Knife Set and Magnetic Knife Holders
Explore More Products: Musashi VG-10 Steel Yaki-Urushi Handle Sujihiki Slicing Knife 24cm | Musashi VG-10 Traditional Washi Gift Wrapped Chef Nakiri Knife 2 Pc Se | Musashi VG-10 Traditional Washi Gift Wrapped Santoku Paring Knife 2 Pc | Musashi VG-10 Tsuchime Pakka Yanagiba Knife 21cm