Only 1 left!F DICK Red Spirit Usuba Vegetable Knife 18cm
(the nakiri knife for professionals)
Only 1 left!Messermeister Mu Bamboo Usuba Knife 17.8cm (7 Inch)
Only 4 left!Global G-102 Vegetable Knife 14cm
Only 3 left!Global G-5 Vegetable Knife 18cm
Only 1 left!Global G-81 Vegetable Knife Fluted 18cm
Usuba is the Nakiri for professionals. It literally means 'thin blade' and boy it is thin! It is single beveled and hence requires more skill to use compared to the Nakiri. It can make wonderfully thin and precise cuts and is great for really delicate work.
"Unleash the Power of Cutting with Usuba Knives"
As a chef or a home cook, you know that having the right tools can make all the difference in the kitchen. One of the most important tools is a high-quality knife, and the Usuba Knife is a classic example of Japanese precision and craftsmanship.
What is an Usuba Knife?
An Usuba Knife is a traditional Japanese blade with a range of 165mm to 240mm. It is designed for vegetable cutting and is renowned for its straight blade edge and wooden handle with partial tang.
"Experience the Benefits of an Usuba Knife"
Our team offers Usuba knives that are perfect for both professional and home kitchens. The thin blade, sturdy handle, and safe grip make it a must-have tool for every chef.
- Precise Cutting: The thin blade allows for delicate slicing and push cutting, making it ideal for precise cuts and specialised preparations, especially for vegetables.
- Durable Material: Made from Japanese stainless steel or Shirogami (white steel), Usuba knives are built to last and provide exceptional sharpness.
- Safe to Use: The thin blade, sturdy handle, and solid grip reduce the risk of slipping and cutting knuckles, making it safer to operate.
"Customise Your Usuba Knife to Suit Your Needs"
There are several sub-types of Usuba Knives, each with its unique traits. When selecting an Usuba Knife, consider the following:
- Size: Usuba Knives typically range from 165mm to 240mm in length. Try different lengths to find the most comfortable fit.
- Shape: The Usuba Knife is known for its long, flat blade (Tsura) with a single-bevel and mild concave design, making it ideal for Japanese push-cutting and knuckle clearance.
- Edge: As a single-bevel blade, only one side is ground and sharpened, allowing for precise cuts of thin vegetable slices.
- Handle: There are two Japanese blade handles - the Wa-Handle and the Western-Style Handle. The Usuba Knife typically comes with the Wa-Handle, which has a D-shape, octagonal, or oval grip.
"Choose the Right Usuba Knife for Your Needs"
Before making a purchase, consider your purpose (professional or domestic), food type, and frequency of use. Answering these questions will help determine the best knife for your needs.
"Take Care of Your Usuba Knife for Optimal Performance"
Proper maintenance of an Usuba Knife is crucial to preserving its sharpness and longevity. Follow these steps:
- Clean Storage: After each use, hand wash and dry the knife to prevent rust or corrosion. Apply a light layer of Camellia oil for long-term storage.
- Sharpening: To sharpen the Usuba Knife, only use whetstones. After sharpening, hand wash and dry the blade before storing.
- Invest in an Usuba Knife today and take your cutting skills to the next level!